Why can some see and others not ?

Services of Worship Forums Minister’s Message Why can some see and others not ?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Maroochydore.Master Maroochydore.Master 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Read John 9. 1-41

This is now the third in the series of long conversations and stories in John’s Gospel. So far we have met Nicodemus, stumbling around in the dark; the Samaritan woman at the well surrounded by noonday light; now we meet a blind beggar as Jesus and his disciples are passing by. The disciples speak of sin. Jesus heals him. This becomes an extraordinary account of trying to keep proving something on the basis of what you know by rejecting what you don’t know by not being willing to change your mind, your heart or your soul.

There is a lot of knowing going on here and this is countered with a lot of not knowing (or in our modern speak, “I have no recollection …”).
    “We know,” “I don’t know,” and, “This I know,” occur many times.
    It is first the beggar who knows who he is. Of this he is sure.
    His parents answered, “We know that this is our son …” “We know that
    God has spoken to Moses.” “We know that this man is a sinner.”

“This man is not from God, for he does not observe the Sabbath.”
    But others said, “How can a man who is a sinner perform such signs?”
    They were divided.
    The man answered, “Here is an astonishing thing! You do not know

where he comes from, and yet he opened my eyes. v.31.We know that God does not listen to sinners. But he does listen to one who worships him and obeys his will. v.32. Never since the world began has it been heard that anyone opened the eyes of a person born blind. v.33. If this man were not from God, he could do nothing.” v.34. They answered him, “You were born entirely in sin. Are you trying to teach us?”

They drove him out (Jn. 9. 30-34). Who have we driven out?.
    Take a moment to reflect on when you were so sure. Then when you had to change your mind, your heart, your soul when an old belief was met by a new experience.

Our faith and our practice must meet each other.

Grace and peace, James.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.